Legislative Priority No. 1 | Prioritize public education funding
ATPE supports prioritizing public education funding to ensure school districts have the necessary resources to address the many ongoing challenges of COVID-19, preserve funding gains and equity achieved through last session’s House Bill 3, and continue efforts to raise the prestige of the education profession through meaningful compensation.
1. Prioritize public education funding.
2. Alleviate burdensome testing and accountability requirements.
3. Give all students access to optimal public school learning environments.
4. Prioritize mental health support for the school community.
5. Address school working conditions.