Legislative Priority No. 5 | Address school working conditions
ATPE supports measures to reduce staff turnover by addressing public school employee concerns about working conditions, including health and safety issues, increased workloads, and burdensome reporting requirements exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Prioritize public education funding.
2. Alleviate burdensome testing and accountability requirements.
3. Give all students access to optimal public school learning environments.
4. Prioritize mental health support for the school community.
5. Address school working conditions.