Local Unit Checklists
- Distribute, promote, and display ATPE materials on your campus and/or share materials digitally.
- Collect, process (sign and date), and return paper membership applications to the state office by trackable delivery service (i.e. certified mail, UPS, etc.) every two weeks. Applications must be signed and dated by a designated ATPE representative the day they are received.
- Encourage new and renewing members to join online.
- Contact your ISD payroll office to ensure deduction details have been received from the state office.
- Review local unit membership lists to focus on any non-renewed members for recruitment.
- Continue recruitment efforts—see August checklist.
- SEPTEMBER 30 DEADLINE: Last day to join without a wait for employment rights protection insurance.
- Recruit student teachers and interns with a free student teacher membership.
- Send a thank you note to your ISD payroll office contact.
- Remind local unit members to review their pay stubs, credit card, or bank statements to ensure deductions, charges, or drafts have started and are correct.
- October 31: End of the 90-day membership campaign and the last day to join in the first-time professional category. (Interested educators would need to join in the professional category after Nov. 1.)
- Last day for One New = $10 for You
- Plan a holiday appreciation party for your volunteers and members.
- November 30 DEADLINE: Submit your annual treasurer’s report.
- Show support for your neighborhood; plan a community service event with members of your local unit.
- Send a holiday thank you email or handwritten note to your members.
- Your regional membership specialist can help.
- Prepare for your spring recruitment campaign.
- Review membership lists.
- Local unit rebates and delegate allotments are based on February 1 membership numbers.
- January 31 DEADLINE: Last day to join as a 2022-23 ATPE professional, administrator, or associate member. (Student teacher, college student, retired and public memberships remain open through March 31.)