Read the Newest Edition of ATPE News
Date Posted: 3/20/2017
The Spring 2017 edition of our award-winning magazine is now available online.
In this issue:
- What the Texas legislature is doing to try to silence educators’ voices—and how YOU can stand up for your rights
- Can empathy be taught? Austin ISD’s social emotional learning program teaches emotional competency in the classroom.
- State Representative Diego Bernal on how to address Texas educators’ biggest concerns
- Quick calming activities for the classroom
- How Dan Rather hopes to improve education in Texas
- From TABS to STAAR: A history of standardized testing in Texas
- Chess is teaching Brownsville students valuable life lessons
- Everything you need to know to make the 2017 ATPE Summit a success
As always, you will also see what other ATPE local units have been up to and learn about ways the association is continuing its mission of making a difference in the lives Texas educators and students!