Read the Newest Edition of ATPE News
Date Posted: 3/12/2018
The Spring 2018 edition of our award-winning magazine is now available online.
In this issue:
- We go behind the scenes at the Killeen ISD Career Center to see how career and technical education has changed over the years.
- Meet Aliyya Swaby, the Texas Tribune’s public education reporter.
- An ATPE member discusses the pros and cons of alternative certification.
- Veteran educators offer words of wisdom for new teachers.
- Your students are worth more than campaign sound bites! Governmental Relations Director Jennifer Canaday shares what you can do to effect real change this election year.
- A special education teacher shares how standardized testing affects our most vulnerable students.
- ATPE Managing Attorney Paul Tapp explains how your leave works.
As always, you will also see what other ATPE members have been up to and learn about how the association is continuing its mission of making a difference in the lives of Texas educators and students!