Read the Latest Edition of ATPE News
Date Posted: 6/02/2019
The Summer 2019 edition of our award-winning magazine is now available online.
In this issue:
- Meet the Brenham GameChangers, a group of citizens who joined together to become agents of change for students in their community.
- An interview with NASA engineer Ravi Prakash about what it’s like to explore the universe and how Texas public schools helped him succeed.
- Elizabeth Evans of Grants Office LLC breaks down the complicated process of finding and securing grants.
- Hawley ISD educator and ATPE member Matt Preston talks about his viral hip-hop video and the importance of building relationships with students and other educators.
- Our legal team explains the importance of knowing your district’s resignation deadline before summer.
- ATPE Governmental Relations Director Jennifer Mitchell discusses how the 86th Texas legislative session proves the importance of elections.
- Weslaco ISD elementary teacher Francisca Garcia delves into the problems with homework assignments.
- View the results of a public perception poll by Raise Your Hand Texas in our latest infographic.
As always, you will also learn about how your association is continuing its vision of making a difference in the lives of Texas educators and students!
This issue’s Brain Break features a word search. Check your answers, and send your completed photo to email@example.com by June 14 for a chance to win an ATPE-branded prize!