Latest Edition of ATPE News Magazine Now Online
Date Posted: 8/17/2020
The Fall 2020 issue of our award-winning magazine is now available online.
In this issue:
- Explore our Portrait of a Pandemic feature: As the 2020-21 school year approaches, Texas public school educators prepare for the unknown.
- Learn how civics education stakeholders in Texas are working to ensure students become participatory citizens.
- In a special Members Speak column, ATPE member Scoie Green, a professional communications educator, explains how her colleagues can examine the trauma of racial injustice and its effects on students and their school experiences.
- Understand the limits on freedom of expression for public school employees in our latest legal column from ATPE Managing Attorney Paul Tapp.
- During a time when government officials at all levels need to find solutions to the COVID-10 pandemic, we’re seeing how the power of the educator vote is all the more important. Read more from ATPE Governmental Relations Director Jennifer Mitchell.
- ATPE member Morgan Castillo, a 2020 H-E-B Excellence in Education Award recipient, speaks about the importance of authenticity, passion, and daring to try new things.
- Find your green thumb in our latest Brain Break—a compilation of a variety of indoor plants that can survive with minimum effort.
As always, you will also learn how your association continues to support efforts to elevate public education in Texas.
Not an ATPE member? Join the state’s largest community of educators today.
The ATPE Marketing & Communications team publishes the ATPE News magazine four times a year and is always looking for member-written content, thoughts, and ideas! Whether you instituted something innovative in your district or want to speak on the importance of a topic dear to your heart, we would love to hear from you. Email email@example.com.