Check Out ATPE’s Parent-Teacher Toolkit
Date Posted: 11/18/2020
As COVID-19 continues to impact public education, ATPE has developed a toolkit to help parents and teachers better collaborate during periods of virtual learning and instructional disruptions.
The Parent-Teacher Toolkit features a wealth of resources and videos developed in partnership with trusted stakeholders in the public ed community:
- Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented (TAGT)
- Science Teachers Association of Texas (STAT)
- Texas PTA
- Texas Council of Administrators of Special Education (TCASE)
- It’s Time Texas
Here’s a sneak peek at the resources our toolkit offers:
- Back-to-School Decision Tree: Considerations for parents as they weigh options for their children’s educational environment during the pandemic.
- Distance Learning Library: Resources for educators implementing a hybrid or remote instructional model. Each section includes grade-level specifications for content where applicable.
- Parent-Teacher Conversations: A three-video series covering home schooling, giving each other grace, and serving special populations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How to Stay Healthy: A discussion about the challenges posed by COVID-19 as the cold/flu season approaches and how the public school community can stay healthy both physically and mentally.
Find more resources on the Parent-Teacher Toolkit, and be sure to check back frequently as we add more helpful links and videos.