SXSW EDU 2021 Sessions Now on ATPE’s Professional Learning Portal
Date Posted: 6/07/2021
This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, SXSW EDU was an online event, with the 2021 program focused on timely topics in a rapidly evolving education landscape, such as trauma-informed pedagogy, equity and justice in the classroom, lessons from the pandemic, and more.
Did you miss SXSW EDU? Do you need to get some more continuing professional education (CPE) credits? ATPE has just added 10 sessions from SXSW EDU 2021 to our Professional Learning (PL) Portal, just in time for summer. Here’s what we’ve added:
- A New Roadmap for K-12 History & Civics Education
- A Trauma-Engaged, Culturally Responsive District
- Accepting that a Degree is Not a Panacea
- Align-Build-Context: The ABCs of Tech Inclusivity
- Beyond Representation: Measures to Ensure Justice
- Can We Design Bias Out of EdTech?
- Connected in Class: A Starting Point & Close Up
- Connecting T(w)eens in Virtual Communities
- COVID Lessons: A New Era in Education
- Decolonize Textbooks: Racist & Sexist Curricula
And keep checking back! We have more CPE-approved SXSW EDU videos to come!
The PL Portal is available through your ATPE membership. Sign in to your member account on atpe.org, head to atpe.org/cpe, and click “Continue to the Portal,” where you will find the current courses available. After each course is finished, you will complete a short evaluation to receive your qualifying CPE hours. Click here for complete step-by-step instructions on how to access the PL Portal.
Check out these CPE course opportunities today!
Not an ATPE member? Join the state’s largest community of educators today.