Fall 2022 ATPE News is Now Online
Date Posted: 8/22/2022
The Fall 2022 ATPE News is the first issue to be primarily delivered digitally. You can flip through the full digital edition, or click to specific articles below.
In this issue:
- What is the secret to mentoring success in Gilmer ISD? Dawn Harris and her cadre explain how the Invest Mentoring program addresses what new teachers need, why mentoring is so important for retention, and what makes their program unique.
- Take a look at what fuels the success of Seguin ISD’s historic music education program—receiving national recognition for four consecutive years—and the integral role the community plays in supporting performances and generating excitement for the program.
- There is a growing mental health crisis in our schools. In the wake of an ongoing pandemic and the tragic shooting in Uvalde, we explore how students, educators, and their families are experiencing an unprecedented amount of trauma.
- Public schools have become easy targets for an ongoing culture war. Plus: Explore an interactive timeline that tracks controversial legislation as it sweeps across the nation.
- Remembering a special ATPE staff member.
- Join us as we visit ATPE “neighborhoods” all over Texas to get an inside look at what volunteers are doing to recruit, retain, and rejoice with their fellow ATPE members.
- In “Your Voice,” we explore the vat of hot topics that public education is currently swirling in and why a culture of voting among educators is crucial.
- In “Your Ally,” learn your rights as an educator when you feel you have been threatened in the classroom. What can or should be done in response?
- Meet Antonio Mercado, a social studies teacher at Economedes High School in Edinburg CISD and ATPE’s 2021-22 Top Recruiter, in our “Volunteer Spotlight.”
If you want to receive a print copy of the Winter 2022 issue, log in to your member profile and check “Send me a print copy of the magazine.”
ATPE Marketing & Communications publishes ATPE News four times a year and is always looking for member-written content, thoughts, and ideas! Whether you instituted something innovative in your district or want to speak on the importance of a topic dear to your heart, we would love to hear from you. Visit atpe.org/magazine to view our submission guidelines.