Vote in today’s Texas Primary Election and make your voice heard!
Date Posted: 3/01/2022
Today is Primary Election Day in Texas. Join your fellow Texans by getting out to vote! Polls are open until 7 p.m. tonight. Remember that voting is the only way to ensure Texas will have pro-public education legislators and elected officials working in the best interest of students and educators. Also keep in mind that many of the state’s most competitive races will be decided today – not in November.
Find information on voting, including your polling location, via the Texas Secretary of State’s My Voter Page. You can also contact your county clerk. For more information about the election, including sample ballots and what you need to bring with you to the polls, visit votetexas.gov.
Here are some other helpful resources to get you ready for the ballot box:
- View profiles of the candidates for governor, lieutenant governor, the State Board of Education, and the Texas Legislature on Teach the Vote to learn more about their education stances. Read about Texas election basics, such as photo ID requirements for voting, in this blog post.
- Check out ATPE’s in-depth reporting on the candidates being bankrolled by billionaires with an eye toward enacting private school vouchers and expanding charter schools. Use these links to read part one and part two in this Teach the Vote blog series.
- The nonprofit organization Raise Your Hand Texas recently held nonpartisan candidate forums around the state to help voters learn about candidates’ views on public education. Learn more on ATPE's Teach the Vote blog.
- Use Vote411.org to build a personalized ballot you can print out and take with you to the polls. (You’re not permitted to use your cell phone while voting.)
- Visit TexasEducatorsVote.com for election resources, advice, and voting reminders.
Don’t forget to share these nonpartisan resources with your colleagues and friends. Only by coming together and acting as one voice can we truly advocate for public education! Vote today and make your voice heard!