Summer 2022 ATPE News is Now Online
Date Posted: 5/16/2022
In this issue:
- What is causing a new wave of ransomware attacks on schools, and what can be done about it? Learn how and why school districts are targeted and what you can do to protect personal information—your own and that of your students— from cyberthreats.
- Check out North East ISD’s big investment in a cybersecurity curriculum: an impressive new facility that is both addressing the needs of a growing local tech industry and training students to fill jobs within it.
- The 2022 ATPE Summit is “Back in Person and Focused on the Future.” Check out the agenda, meet the candidates for 2022-23 state office, and find out how to attend.
- Want to continue receiving a print copy of our award-winning ATPE News magazine? We show you how easy it is to “opt in” to print.
- Join us as we visit ATPE “neighborhoods” all over Texas to get an inside look at what volunteers are doing to recruit, retain, and rejoice with their fellow ATPE members.
- In “Your Voice,” we explore the question: With all the talk about public ed, who’s talking to the teachers?
- In “Your Ally,” learn what every educator should know about the laws surrounding public records on your personal device.
- Meet Sherry Boyd, a fourth grade reading teacher and president of Region 16 and Spearman ATPE, in our “Volunteer Spotlight.”
ATPE Marketing & Communications publishes ATPE News four times a year and is always looking for member-written content, thoughts, and ideas! Whether you instituted something innovative in your district or want to speak on the importance of a topic dear to your heart, we would love to hear from you. Visit atpe.org/magazine to view our submission guidelines.