Nominate a Teacher for the TRS-Care Retirees Advisory Committee
Date Posted: 5/31/2022
The RAC comprises seven members appointed by the TRS Board of Trustees. Members typically serve four-year staggered terms, and they are charged with recommending minimum standard and plan features, as well as changes to rules and legislation affecting TRS-Care.
If you or a teacher you know is a good fit, you may nominate someone or apply by sending a cover letter (or letter of recommendation) along with the nominee’s resume to the address or email below. The letter must state that the nomination is for the vacant active teacher RAC position and include a summary of the nominee’s qualifications.
Teacher Retirement System of Texas
Attention: Chief of Staff, Health & Insurance Benefits
1000 Red River St.
Austin, TX 78701
TRS will evaluate nominees on the following criteria:
- Length of experience as a TRS member and/or retiree.
- Participation in education-related volunteer programs.
- Professional activities and experience serving on board committees and with decision-making organizations, especially related to health care or other benefits.
- Credentials, awards, or other meritorious recognition.
- Geographic diversity.
- Experience in health care benefits or related field.
Visit the TRS website for more information.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
As you gear up for another school year, learn about the differences between stress and burnout and realistic strategies you can use to prevent burnout.
Educator Essentials is the perfect free guide for any beginning teachers in Texas.
Tax-free weekend in Texas runs from Friday, Aug. 5, through midnight Sunday, Aug. 7. This is the perfect time to pick up back-to-school items tax-free.