Legislative Priority No. 2 | Alleviate burdensome testing and accountability requirements
ATPE supports measures to alleviate the burden of standardized testing and accountability requirements in order to allocate time and resources to pressing critical needs brought to light by the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as prevent high-stakes decisions from being based on flawed or unreliable data and reduce the pressure testing places on students, educators, and parents.
1. Prioritize public education funding.
2. Alleviate burdensome testing and accountability requirements.
3. Give all students access to optimal public school learning environments.
4. Prioritize mental health support for the school community.
5. Address school working conditions.