Summer 2023 ATPE News is Now Online
Date Posted: 5/12/2023
Flip through the full digital edition, or click to specific articles below.
In this issue:
- ChatGPT is an AI that has quickly grown in popularity by capturing the imagination of millions of users across myriad industries. But what sort of impact will it have on educators and students?
- “It’s the most important election in U.S. history.” Voters hear this hyperbole every time a presidential election rolls around, but in actuality, the debates occurring at your local school board meeting—about the books students can read and how to create positive and safe learning environments—may have the biggest impact of all.
- Civil Air Patrol programs provide free, fun, and engaging STEM and aerospace education resources for educators, regardless of the subject they teach. Learn how—with a little imagination—you and your students can benefit from these unique programs.
- Embark on new ATPE adventures during the 2023 ATPE Summit at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions in Round Rock. This is a summertime safari like no other.
- The 88th Legislature has become yet another education session. In “Your Voice,” ATPE Lobbyist Tricia Cave explains why staying quiet and sitting on the sidelines in such an important session could be devastating to you and your students.
- Whether you are tech-savvy or still getting there, technology is not without its drawbacks and potential employment risks. In “Your Ally,” ATPE Managing Attorney Lance Cain discusses a few examples of common technology concerns educators may face.
- Meet Teresa Millard, pre-k teacher in Woden ISD, secretary for Woden ATPE, Region 7 Director, and ATPE’s 2021-22 Campus Rep of the Year for local units with 1-200 members, in our “Volunteer Spotlight."
ATPE Marketing & Communications publishes ATPE News four times a year and is always looking for member-written content, thoughts, and ideas! Whether you instituted something innovative in your district or want to speak on the importance of a topic dear to your heart, we would love to hear from you. Visit atpe.org/magazine to view our submission guidelines.